I had an exceptionally stressful week. OFSTED is a governing body that overseas the education system here in the UK. They came into our school with only 24hrs notice and observed the teachers/management/custodial/students and rated everything from 1-4 with 1 being excellent and 4 being "you're fired". This school has been a 1 which stands for outstanding for the past 7 years (that's when it was last observed). Since then the management of the school has taken over two other schools who rated at the lower end of the scale. If we had not done well this week it would have not only impacted our school but those we support. While the marks are confidential until they are published, it seems we did very well. I personally was not observed but the stress was overwhelming.
So today was just a recovery day. I went to Waltham, a small village nearby that still has an operating windmill. Around the mill are a few shops. One of which was a sweet shop. Not much to show you today.
I couldn't get it all in, and I was starting to feel silly trying to do so.
Next week hopefully I will have some more interesting shots to show you.
glad the evaluations are over. it is astonishing how tense and overwhelming this process can be. at least we know a year in advance and we aren't fired if we don't meet expectations. sigh.
ReplyDeletelove the pictures, as always.
happy weekend!