Sunday, 9 March 2014

A little sun, a little sand.

I spent the afternoon at the beach today.  And I don't mean like in NorthBay were it was minus 27 degrees and I was one of a few who thought it was gorgeous.  I went to Cleethorpes.  It is usually about a 10 minute bus ride from home but I guess everyone had the same idea today and the traffic caused the ride to be 40 minutes.  It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in sight and a pleasant 16 degrees above zero.  The dogs were having a great time running freely, the children were playing in the sand and water and I just soaked up the sunshine.
Before going to the beach I walked to church, through People's Park, and enjoyed all the sights and sounds of spring.  I never would have imagined that Grimsby could be so exceptionally beautiful.  It is like any other place though, sometimes you have to look for the beauty.


Crocus's all around Peoples Park.



Blossom trees everywhere.

Green Flowers?

Cleethorpes Pier





Giving the children rides on Donkeys, up the beach.

Low tide on the North Sea/Humber River.

Sitting on the retaining wall.

Strange looking shell.  I checked, nobody was home.


1 comment:

  1. I envy you. Last night we had freezing drizzle and with the wind chill it was probably around -10C. Am getting impatient for all this snow to disappear. Love the photos. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete