Thursday, 23 October 2014

When in Rome….

do as the Romans…..
I'm not entirely sure what they do yet but I an sure that I am exhausted. We walked for miles today.  The Colosseum is only about a 30 minute walk from Sangita's house, which by the way is absolutely beautiful.  We toured the Colosseum and Palatine Hill. Palatine Hill holds the remains of the Roman City from 8AD and is something to see.  Tomorrow Sangita is joining us and we are going to Florance.  I'm sure we will find the energy to walk again but right now it seems so very improbable.

Flying to Rome

There it is, right in the centre of the city.




The wooden floor is a replica of what would have stretched across.


Rooms for the Gladiators and animals beneath the floor.



Kristina at Palatine Hill


Possibly my favourite of the day.






The varied stone work


Nope, this is my favourite.









30x zoom because I can.









Time to put our feet up, this is the view from Sangitas window.


What a gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment