This was my first day out since arriving back in Grimsby and WOW. Graham found out about a free day at one of the National Trust estates near Skegness, Gunby Hall and Gardens. We left early and visited Alvingham, where two churches are built on the same piece of land(the only one in Britain). Then we drove to Gunby Hall. I was so impressed by the colour still left in the gardens. The house was built in 1700 and given to the trust in 1940. To make everything a little better, the sun decided to show it's lovely face and the temperatures rose to a comfortable 20+ degrees.
A Bible left at the pulpit. One of the hymnals was dated 1912 but I didn't dare touch this, it was ready to fall apart.
You can just see the second church on the right.
The water fed mill which is still in operation.
The gate house at Gunby Hall.
Front on Gunby Hall in Lavender garden.
The back.
Inside the pantry.
A knife sharpener.
Downton Abby?????
Some the garden had gone to seed but I thought it was just as beautiful.
So purple it's black, looks like pewter here.
Artist in residence, look at the table legs.
More days like this and I will be back to wanting to stay forever.




































I miss you. Just celebrated a birthday on Sat. Had a very quiet day though. A mate did take me out for lunch on the Friday to a Mennonite owned restaurant in Millbank. It was a lovely drive in the countryside. At this restaurant only Mennonites are working there and everything is home-cooked and home-baked.
ReplyDeleteWow! The colours of the flowers are brilliant. That flower where the colour resembles pewter is so unusual. There were some flowers that you showed that I have never seen before - very exotic. That was indeed a lovely place you and Graham visited and you were lucky to have had brilliant weather for the trip. Thanks for sharing your trip with us on your blog. Sending big warm hugs and before you know it the year will go by quickly. Cheers Mate!
Thanks Denney, HaPpY BiRthDaY!!!!!!
ReplyDelete