Monday, 30 November 2015

Santa Clause is coming to town.

Last week was the official lighting of the streets for Christmas.  It was a bit of a let down after last year and the Coca Cola truck.  I really was not very interested in taking pictures either, I just strolled down the main street and enjoyed the sights (and the smells for a change).
Yesterday I visited Hubbard's Hills in Louth, it was just a park but it was in the centre of town and it was a bit like being in the lake district.  Then we went to the Louth Christmas market which by comparison was nothing like Lincoln's but then neither were the crowds.  I have to say this "Canadian Factor" is something else.  It was spitting when we left Grimsby and sunny but windy when we arrived in Louth.  Not so much as a single drop fell on us the whole morning and the second I got home and sat down there was a torrential rain storm. LOL it's good to be Canadian.
Less than three weeks today and I will be home for Christmas.  I can't wait to decorate my own tree and do all the traditional stuff that make it truly Christmas to me.  We've already planned a gingerbread house decorating contest for the day after I get back.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!



Every flavour of liquorice possible.









On the way back we stopped at a train museum.




No comments:

Post a Comment