Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Missing You

It may sound terrible to say or perhaps it's just because I miss England but "Ontario is really boring." I feel like we have no history and the few points of interest have become so ordinary that they don't warrant me taking my camera out of my purse. Many of my friends have noticed that I don't keep a blog anymore but I'm really feeling uninspired.

I found myself volunteering to help a friend photograph her first wedding and I am so glad I did. The wedding was not the grandest I've seen but the couple were. They are the best example of a loving bride and groom that I've ever met.

Then Leah asked me to take some family pictures for her and once again I'm so glad I did. They were a wonderful family to photograph.







Then later that day my son Andrew had invited me to a screening of a video in Toronto. He took part in the making of a short film in a 48hr project. I am so proud of his accomplishments and the fact that he wants to share it with me just makes my day. His group placed 5 out of 67 entrants and they won for "Best Director" and "Best use of Genre."  I am so glad to be home for these moments. 

Downtown Toronto, at the theatre where we had to evacuate during the screening for a false alarm.


Jim took me to Stratford on the bike for Art in the Park where I was inspired by an artist there and have started and almost finished a painting for Leah. She asked me to do a painting of poppies for her front room and I was so pleased. When I was in England I really wanted to paint the poppies that grow wild along the roadside so I actually have photos to reference.

Renovations are underway. We ripped out a wall to put in a pocket door in our bedroom.

I was blessed with the opportunity to do my annual shopping trip with my girlfriends which I have not been able to do in 4 years. Unfortunately the woman we asked to take our picture could not hold the camera and push the button at the same time.


We've had a tough time with Harlow, she has had to adjust to moving too many times in her life and as a result she is suffering with separation anxiety. Whenever we leave her alone at home she rips the house apart. 
This was the funniest, a bag of recycling (beer cans) and a feather pillow greeted me in the basement, it looked like a frat party. You might think... "lock the door so she can't get in" but she knows how to open doors and if we lock it she tears it off the hinge.





But isn't she pretty? She is a beautiful, smart and energetic girl and we all love her. So I read up on how to help them and we are following the SPCA's guidelines and have recently had a great success story. We left her for the first time (5hrs) in more than a month and she didn't destroy anything. YAY!!!!

We left her to go on a our last bike ride of the year and have dinner on Puslinch Lake where a woman felt the conditions (16 c) were still good enough for waterskiing.

So I guess it's not boring, I just miss England and I miss my friends and family so much.

3 comments:

  1. Mel, how can you say Ontario is boring? I'd love to take photo's there. I suppose it's familiarity and the grass being greener etc.
    I enjoyed all these images,you had me fooled with Harlow tho, what a cracking dog, I'm pleased she behaved on the last occasion. Please keep posting, I'd love to see more "boring" pictures and if you want to remind yourself of Lincolnshire dip into my blog Lincolnshirecam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, how can you say Ontario is boring? I'd love to take photo's there. I suppose it's familiarity and the grass being greener etc.
    I enjoyed all these images,you had me fooled with Harlow tho, what a cracking dog, I'm pleased she behaved on the last occasion. Please keep posting, I'd love to see more "boring" pictures and if you want to remind yourself of Lincolnshire dip into my blog Lincolnshirecam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked Dave and it makes me more homesick. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete