Sunday, 2 February 2014

On the Docks

Feeling a bit of cabin-fever and fever-fever.  I've been fighting a cold for the last week but it was such a beautiful day today that I could not stay in.  I took a walk down to the docks in Grimsby.  Once I arrived I felt as though it was a scene from apocalypse.  The Docks are still operational but Mon-Fri,  the area is old and many buildings are abandoned.  I was the only person wandering the area and I felt very unsure of my decision to check this out on my own.  But it was so nice out, a balmy 8-9 degrees, clear skies and a bit of a wind.  Beautiful, in fact I went out for two walks today.  Yes I am rubbing it in to all Canadian friends and family.  Did I mention how nice it was outside today in Grimsby. LOL.


I just love this building, it is the Victoria Flour Mill from the back side.  I want to see the inside some day.  I'm told there are apartments and offices but the roof is falling in on the main structure so I am very curious.

Same building from the front.

Look at that, built in 1906, beautiful.  Notice the clear blue sky reflected in the windows.

On the docks, most of the area looks like this.


The curtains are still in the window even though there is no glass.  They appear to be like the ones my mom had in the 70's with the big lacy holes.

The Grimsby dock tower.


What is it?  Hint, it is in front of the Sea Cadets meeting house.



Yup, a beautiful day.






No comments:

Post a Comment