Sunday, 2 March 2014

Hull, Hall and Mall

It's been a quiet week.  I have surprisingly enjoyed teaching in my year 11 IT class, who would have thought?  It turns out that my 20 years of working in Photoshop are paying off.  I have earned some serious street credit with these kids.
I am enjoying the opportunity to get out with the camera club each tuesday.  Last week we had an open night and there is such an array of talent and ideas.  This week I am entering a competition.  I am submitting my Niagara Falls pic you may have seen it earlier (July) in my blog.  The category is Celebration and it really is the only one I have here that fits.
During my break I went to Hull.  It is just north of here. There is not much to take pictures of nor much to write about.  It is a larger city and it is well known for it's shopping.  What was interesting was the various shops with parts of my name. I went to the Feren's Art Gallary and there was a sign that read Fearnly's jewellery shop.

The following picture is not mine.  It would have been awkward to ask the bus driver on the way to Hull "stop so I can get a picture of the Humber Bridge".  It was very large.

Humber Bridge, UK – 1,410m
The Humber Bridge is the fifth-largest single-span suspension bridge in the world. 



Hall of Justice



Inside a mall.  It seemed much more grand in person.


4 comments:

  1. HI Melanie Thanks for the update!!! Good luck in the competition with the Niagara Falls shot. I looked for the Harlow shot on the computer at work but could not find those specific shots. Jim is home so he may have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin, I won first place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on winning first place at the competition. The kids are very lucky to have you as their teacher. You are just brilliant mate. As usual at this time, people are flocking to the airport to get away from our winter. We spring forward one hour in the wee hours of the morn. Do the Brits spring forward one hour at the same time as we do? Looking forward to your next blog with your brilliant photos. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Denney, We change our clock on the 30th of March. So now we have a 6 hour time difference. It is so confusing.

      Delete