Well.... technically at the Lakes.
On friday Amy and I ran from the school and headed to Lancaster where her family lives. I spent the evening and morning there, soaking up the beautiful town.
Currently I am in the Lake district, the weather has been so nice that the weather forecasters must be surprised. On Sunday my cousin Brenda and her friend Tony took me on the Ratty ( a 15" gauge train that runs from Ravengalss to Dalegarth). Once there we went on a fabulous walk where we experienced just a bit of light rain. But, when the train arrived to pick up passengers it was drenched. They had to stop the train during the journey to let the passengers take cover in the enclosed section of the train. During our return not a drop of rain fell on us. I am calling this the Canadian factor, when Amy and I were driving to Lancaster, the rain stopped when we needed it and the traffic was clear. Yesterday my Uncle took me to the top of a mountain to see a Roman Fort built in the second century. The view was breathtaking. Today hold another excellent adventure but enjoy this one first.
Went to Dalegarth on this one.
Had to pull over for the Diesel to pass us.
Returned on this one.
King George mailbox.
Bluebells
Look at that cloud!
The perfect English cottage.
Rhodaendrums cover the hills.
On the beach at Ravenglass

Hardnott Pass, that is a car on the bend.
The sheep is laughing at us.
Uncle Ernest
The Roman fort at the top of the mountain.
Ginger
Paddington (he tried to bite my butt), there is not an ounce of farm girl left in me, I was terrified.
Ruepert
The beach at Braystone.


























No comments:
Post a Comment