I've just had the most amazing week. Yesterday my uncle took me driving; up, over, down, and across the lakes. We travelled over a vast amount of land and took the ferry accross Derwent Water to Windemere and then through Keswick with a side trip which included some shopping. Then today he took me to Moncaster Castle. Wow, the gardens were full of Rhododendrums and the castle was lovely. The family still lives in the castle and they narrated the audio tour which gave it a personal touch. My cousins and I finished off this excellent break with dinner out. I really do consider myself blessed, to have been given this wonderful gift of getting to know my family. This is something I will always be thankful for. It's back to Grimsby tomorrow so I hope you enjoy the last two days of pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.
Favourite shot of the week, just saying.
Steam powered gondola.
We found a one way road on the mountain and it took us deep into a forest but somehow it seemed tropical.
Crossing on the ferry to Windemere.
Flowers just grow everywhere, even in the rocks.
Airing their dirty laundry at Moncaster castle, maybe this is my favourite.
Consider yourself luck, I took so many pictures of the Rhododendrums that this could be a botanical blog. I only picked some of my favourites.
Lampshades in the trees, why not!
The view from Moncaster Castle, maybe this is my favourite of the week.
There was also an owl sanctuary.
There were too many great opportunities for the category of my favourite shot of the week. This is definitely my favourite.
Thank you for sharing all your brilliant photos. I so look forward to reading your blog and I really enjoy looking at all your brilliant photos. It is lovely to read that you are having an absolutely stunning time there with your new found mates and your family. Will your daughter and granddaughter be joining you for a wee holiday this summer?
ReplyDeleteI will hopefully be going home for the summer. I'm not sure when they will visit but they are hoping to join me at some point. I hope you are well and glad you are enjoying the journey with me. Take care.
ReplyDeleteBreathtaking pictures. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteClaire from Trillium Club