Sunday, 13 July 2014

Give me a fork

I've had such a great weekend.  I went to a wings and wheels show on Saturday with Graham and I was bored out of my mind with the poor display of wings and wheels.  If I'd had a fork I may have poked my eyes out.  Oh.... and I saw "Thunder Flies".  Sounds like an exciting Aerobatic flying group doesn't it?  Nope these are tiny little flies which swarm in and seemingly are attracted to white.  I know this because I was wearing white.  I was brushing them off for most of our time there.  Yet, I still enjoyed the day as a whole.  Afterwards we went to a seaside town called Skegness.  It's about one and a half hours south of Grimsby.  It was such a gorgeous day and we just walked around and soaked in the atmosphere.  It is a bit like Niagara Falls without the falls of course but with a beach.  Then I came home and spent the evening with Amy.  We baked cupcakes (5 Dozen) and brownies for a party of a co-worker(Laura).  Her daughter turned 3 today and we had such an enjoyable day out in the sun.  I have not done a lot of people photography since being here so I brought my camera and took many pics which I can't show you (other peoples children and all that).  They will be great memories for her when she grows up.



Riley

A kit car/ Alpha Romeo




Triumph Stag

A bit older than the one mom and dad had and then passed on the Steve and I.



I love that all these beaches offer donkey rides.


The Pier in Skegness

Seaside at Skegness

Most towns seem to have a beautiful clock tower, this is Skegness's.


A Selfie with Graham.


Homebound in just 12 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment