Sunday, 20 July 2014

Nemo!

What a great day with a great lady.  Today Amy (friend from work) and I went to Hull.  She is heading home to the lake district this week for the last time and before she leaves she wanted to visit the aquarium.  What a gift I have found in her friendship, too bad for me that she found a job closer to her family(in Lancaster).
Only two teaching days left.  This year has gone much faster than I anticipated and a great deal faster than my professors let on.  They prepared us to not have a social life in the first year but thanks to a great department I seldom felt unprepared or stressed.  Perhaps the most difficult part has been missing my family but only 5 more days and I will be home.  Maureen sent me a card a few weeks ago and I think it sums up this year perfectly.  "If your ship hasn't come in - swim out to it."  Being a single parent for 15 yrs has not been easy and my goal of being a teacher had been put on hold for too long.  I really have been blessed this last year with understanding family and friends who supported me in this journey.  I hope they can last another year or two because I love this place and more so, I love my job.



A beautiful glass sculpture of sea anennomies, sea annnennannenommies, you know.....









Made in Canada Eh!

These guys were my favourite to watch.  Just as we ended our visit with them, they began to swim and play or possible fight, we were not sure.  They are so agile and fast.




Where's Nemo?



A kaleidoscope of Moon Jelly fish.
A tunnel under the aquarium.



Amy always wanted one of these.  They are only about a half inch and she had one give her a high five.


The Humber bridge, coming back.


My favourite shot of the day, I love the colours in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment