Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Club Stuff

Last night our camera club spent the evening at Cleethorpe's pier.  Our mission was to photograph for an upcoming competition titled "Beauty in the Details".  I was reluctant to go because of the extreme heat and humidity we are experiencing right now.  It turns out that England does have a summer.  On top of everything else my students are working with clay right now so that means added humidity and heat in my room.  I can't wait till we start running the kilns next week which by the way are also in my room. (behind a door but still in my room)
Last week our club had a competition called same photo.  Everyone was given the same image and they could do whatever they wanted, no rules.  Some just cropped, others added a filter and a few of us got carried away.  I did the latter.  I did not even come close to winning but I had fun.

The original.

My interpretation,  welcome to England Mandy and Eric.  LOL  You are the only people on my computer and I needed to make a story…. you are recently engaged and Eric has proposed to you under the Northern Lights as a light house is directing those on land to the sea a pirate ship leaves with it's bounty of tourists near the Scarbourough cliff.  It's a story of fiction I guess.

Here is beauty in the details.

Under the pier.



This is one of those moments where you realize that you know better but can't be bothered to walk over and remove the rubbish.  That's a lie, they pointed it out to me when we reviewed our work back at the club.



Seaweed







Bike tracks in the sand.

I love this one but it caused me anxiety immediately following the preview of the image on the back of the camera.  I wondered what those tiny streaks were and realized they are grains of sand as they blew away and then thought " did they get into the lens of my new camera".  I tested it after and I think it's good".

Awning over a sweet shop.




The moon over the beach tonight, not a dust spot on the lens.




No comments:

Post a Comment