Monday, 26 October 2015

Taking the Lakes in Stride

I've had the most pleasurable 5 days in the lakes. I had a day in Carlisle with my friend Amy (from first year at Tollbar), 4 wonderful days with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins and then the best drive home with my friend Cath and her family.  I am so thankful for friends and family who've shown me around this beautiful country I've seen sights that many Brits have overlooked.  But the best part is getting to know these wonderful people better.
This is part of the Carlisle Cathedral.

My cousin Brenda and I took in the beauty of Eskdale.


Then we headed over to an old church with another Viking cross.



Cath(teacher and friend from Tollbar), invited me to join them on a walk before heading back to Grimsby.  We walked through a few sheep pastures near Keswick and for little creatures they sure are intimidating.











Thanks everyone, you all make my time here so enjoyable, I hope you know how much I appreciate you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment