Thursday, 22 October 2015

Wales Part Two

My last three days in Wales were packed with some of the most beautiful sights I have seen since the last time I wrote.  We visited  Anglesey, and Aienf;aierj;aenka/difieen/a/ or as you may know it…… Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (lan-vire-pool-guin-gith-go-ger-u-queern-drob-ooth-clandus-ilio-gogo-goch) is a Welsh word which translates roughly as "St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the Red Cave".  Then we visited Danny's birthplace of Holywell, which by coincidence, is where my Uncle Tom used to live.  Then before catching a train (4trains) to visit my Aunt and Uncle in the lakes, we took in the sights of Chester.  And WOW, what a beautiful city.


This is Beaumaris Castle in Anglesey. King Edward I built it but it was never finished.  This disappointed me greatly, I like to envision who lived there and how they lived.  But it would have been grand if it had been completed.  I've also discovered a new effect in my camera "the miniature effect" I might overuse it but it is fun.



Looking out over the town and below over the river.





This is the gift shop at the most photographed train sign in the UK.


University of Bangor main arts building's front door.

We took a very long walk to castle ruins, note the mini effect, I LOVE it.

Selfie with Danny.


This is Holywell's claim to fame.  A well with believed healing powers.  I would claim healing just so as not to go into the water, it was freezing cold.


An abby ruins nearby, again the mini effect.


These three pigs will have a purpose somewhere in our camera club contests I'm sure.



Our final evening together and we took in an incredible show, Little Shop of Horrors.  We had incredible seats and the show was fantastic.  It was "West Side London" quality.

Chester Cathedral.


Inside the cathedral were these massive heating units.




After years of renovating, this clock tower had the official unavailing while we were visiting.  Even though we arrived on time, we somehow missed the event.



Thanks Danny and Josh.   You gave me an opportunity to see another country in a way no tourist ever could, someday I hope to do the same for you both.  And to all the friends whom I've made whilst here, who have made this journey so incredible, please come visit me in Waterloo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment