Monday, 28 March 2016

Prelude

I need to write this post because tomorrow I am off to Amsterdam with Claire and Laura from work and I just know there would be too many pictures if I include my last week.

Last weekend my friend Cath along with her boyfriend Paul and friend Holly took me on a walk from Walesby to Tealby(4mi).

Left to right Cath, Holly and Paul…. you know me.

This is a church in Walesby




It's lambing season, ahhhhh.



Then we did a bit of trespassing on a deserted property.  This time I was aware of the fact we were out of bounds.



A church in Tealby.

This beautiful little flower shop in Tealby was attached to their home.


We has lunch here but I'm showing you because I love the thatched roof.

Another church in Walesby

Graham took me out on Friday(Good Friday) and we travelled up from Alderby Creek through Suton on Sea, Mabelthorpe, Skidbrooke and many other sea side villages.  This is one of the few churches in England with a thatched roof.

Alderby Creek

Mablethorpe, the weather was a delightful 12 degrees and sunny.

How is this for a curiosity shop.  The isles were one way and many were dead ends.


This is "the most haunted church in England" in Skidbrooke.  I am hoping to go back with the camera club for an evening of painting with light (photography) before I leave.




Then today, Easter Monday, Graham and I went to Burghley House near Stamford.
















We stopped at Rutland nature reserve but I swear it was about 2 degrees and winds of about 60mi/hr, Storm Kate roared through the country the previous evening and morning.


A quaint church on the lake.

Then we made our way to Oakham.


I love the old buildings.

How would you like to be remembered for being short?

Oh well, at least he had a cute house.

I am so blessed to have a friends like Cath and Graham.  They love to show me this country.  I know that I have seem more than most thanks to their generosity.
So tomorrow Amsterdam.  I can't wait to have this time with these lovely women.

No comments:

Post a Comment