Monday, 7 March 2016

The Spa

Went to the spa this past weekend…. well Woodall Spa that is.  Graham and I went to Kinema in the Woods in Woodall Spa.  The place got its name from a spa that has now fallen into ruin.  But the original cinema which opened in 1922 is still in operation and offers current movies.  We saw Dad's Army.  I enjoyed it but I think if you grew up watching the original TV series you may get even more out of it. It was more about the entire experience that I will remember.  The town is charming and the setting of the theatre is beautiful, it's set back in the woods.

The drive into the Kinema.




Spring has sprung despite the chilling temperatures.



Below, some of the shops, and below that is a postcard inside the cinema which shows the original shops with the train running behind. (The train has since been removed.)



Inside the cinema. There are two theatres and this is the full size of the theatre.



Our side had a piano and the other had an old pipe organ.  They offered an intermission and entertainment during the break.


On the way back we stopped for some pictures.








This is zoomed in from the above shot.  There is a tiny steeple on the horizon, that is Lincoln Cathedral.


I was checking my flight for returning home and received this little memo.  I am looking forward to returning.  Every day since deciding to return has been a little easier to accept.


No comments:

Post a Comment