Thursday, 5 May 2016

The First of Lasts

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say "this is probably the last time I will visit York." It's been so amazing to travel here with so many great friends: Ross, Theresa, Marjorie, Debbie, Jim and Graham. I've never tired of the views, all-in-all I've had the pleasure to visit five times and each time I've seen something different.
Over the next 77 days I know I'll be saying goodbye to: family, friends, students and places.  I hope I can get through it without too many tears. Knowing I am going home to: the places, friends and family I love, will no doubt be of great comfort.
So here is my visit to York; where every visit I think it has rained.


The 400 year old Market Hall.

Gate to the wall surrounding the city.  This visit we walked  about 3/4 of the wall and my first visit, three years ago, I walked the other 1/4.


Spring was abundant.

That is York Minster in the Background.

Inside view of the wall.

Outside view of the wall, the daffodils are near their end.

Private back yards.



What a beautiful city.  The North of England gets a lot of flack but I have to say that "I am a Northern girl at heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment