On Friday my Uncle and I visited a couple museums and we enjoyed lunch at a Hotel/Restaurant located on a farm where my 5x grandfather either owned or worked. (I am loving history all of a sudden.) The first museum was about the local people-industry and a look into the 60's where I could relate to so many artifacts that I felt old. Then we went to a museum that had artifacts dating back to the Romans and I suddenly felt young again.
Yesterday My Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and I went sightseeing by car through the mountains and lakes. What a great day! The sights were only outdone by the company.
This is a panorama I stitched together from about 6 images, don't look to close at the quality (Jim and Kevin). This was a tough one due to the straight line of the pier. Taken at the Whitehaven Marina.
Apparently the squirrels around these parts have lead feet.
A view from on top, looking down to the lake/other mountain. This was so picturesque, that you could spend an entire day just enjoying the view. While the colours are not like Ontario I think they are still magnificent.
Looking up the same stream.
Another panorama, stitched from about 5 images and not nearly as difficult to piece together as the Marina.
Today if the weather improves my cousin and I are going for a hike around one of the lakes, but last night I heard rain like never before and right now the wind sounds quite strong.
Love and miss you all!






First thing I did this morn was to have a look at your blog. It was lovely looking at more of your brilliant photos. Tis a great way to start the morn. What a stunning place to visit - a feast for the eyes. Our local squirrels could teach the red squirrels a thing or two about skillful dodging from automobiles. So glad to hear that you are having a brilliant holiday with your family there and getting acquainted with your family history. Just giving you the heads up that I had sent you an e-mail earlier today. Cheers!
ReplyDeletesuch beautiful scenes! too bad about the squirrels with road rage! as always, loving the journey through your eyes!
ReplyDeleteLmao, mom please send that picture of the sign to Ellen.
ReplyDelete