Sunday, 15 December 2013

Negative Nelly

Not much to share with you today.  I'm going to do some Christmas baking today and Ange said I could decorate her tree.  This will make it seem more like Christmas.  I am missing you all more than usual but looking forward to what the Christmas this year has to offer.  I am going back up to my Aunt and Uncles and then hopefully to London for New Years.
Sorry to all my friends and family.... I thought I took care of everything before leaving but I clearly forgot about your Christmas cookies, specifically the Chocolate Crinkles.  I now have backup (Ruthe) who has generously offered to make some of her own spectacular cookies for those who are suffering the most (Zach and Alex).
I don't know who the negative Nellie's were that told me winter in the UK was going to be grey and depressing but you were wrong.  OK, yes we have some of those days but this morning was not one of them.  I have a long walk to church but the gardens and park offer pleasant sights along the way.

Fuchsia is all over the place and in full bloom.  Holly plants are growing everywhere, much like a weed.  I only saw one with berries and it was full.   However, it was outside a home and I think If I had been bold enough to take a picture of it someone may have told me off.

People's Park used to be very run down and 'dodgy" but it is quite beautiful now. 

People's Park

2 comments:

  1. It was brilliant seeing those beautiful photos today especially since we only just recently dug ourselves out after the recent snow storm. Snow plough of course came by and kindly left a wee mountain - more shovelling - ugh!!!! Thank you again for posting those brilliant photos from the People's Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely snaps as always! it would make a great coffee table one day-hint! looking forward to your london adventures!

    ReplyDelete