Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Last Time in the Lakes.

But only for a while.  I can't begin to tell how hard it was to say goodbye this time.  I know I'll be back but I don't know how long I'll be away.  My heart really is in England and if I could, I would stay forever.
This last visit with Ernest and Gene was just as wonderful as the first, they've opened their home and shared their family with such graciousness. I've loved getting to know my cousins Brenda, Paul, Angela and her husband Rob.  I always feel that I am part of their family and that is what it's all about.  This time I was able to visit with my other Aunt and Uncle-John Margaret, and my cousins Michelle and Janice.  They live very near to Ernest and Gene's.
The weather was fabulous, it was above 23 celsius every day and not a cloud to be seen the entire time I was there.  This was a rarity to the Cumbrian people, especially after such a devastating winter with all the floods.
Only 46 days left and loving the thought of going home but dreading the thought of leaving.

This is in a small village called Ulverston.


Know as the birthplace of Laurel from "Laurel and Hardy", I thought the name of the shop was clever.

This is Ginger, he makes a couple runs a day to bird feeder, not always with success.

Don't worry Ginger nobody was watching, especially no one with a camera and a blog.

New handbag.

I took a couple hours to sit on the beach at Braystones, just a mile down the road from Ernest and Gene's, how glorious.





The western line runs right up the coast.


This is just an interesting shot.  Sellafield Nuclear power facility in the background and a tower in the middleground.

Behind Ernest and Genes.

Rupert and Paddington.



Fields of buttercups are everywhere.


We took a trip to Appleby.  Every year they are subjected to the Appleby Horse Fair, where gypsies come to sell their horses.  I say "subjected" because the residents are not  thrilled about the mess they leave behind and the theft that seems to accompany their visit.







Too bad I cut him off but I still like the colour and lighting.


I thought when I was posting the pictures that I did not take many but I did alright.  I have to leave some for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment