Monday, 30 December 2013

Day One in London

The best laid plans..........
                       are often interrupted by something better.

I made a plan and laid out the best way to get to my destinations.  On my Itenerary was the British Museum, Churchill's war rooms and the National Portrait Museum.
I visited the first Museum and wondered the expanse of artifacts for about two hours.

One of the main reasons for me visiting this museum was to see the architecture itself.

This brought back many memories.  When I worked at Reprints with Kevin someone lecturing on this crystal skull came to us for reprints.

This is just a small pendant, about 2 inches.

Tiffany blown glass.


So beautiful.

Then something happened on the way to the underground.  I spotted this.


The draw was too great.  There was a Matinee in just one hour and I received a great seat at a discounted price.  My World was Rocked.  the performance of "We Will Rock You" was exceptional.
There was a picture gallery of Freddie Mercury inside and the music was fantastic.
Maybe tomorrow I will be able to stick to the plan or maybe not.


2 comments:

  1. The Tiffany glass display is very beautiful. I was delighted to hear that you happened by chance upon the matinee and that the concert rocked. I hope tomorrow brings you another brilliant day. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what an awesome side trip! i can't wait to see what happens next, my adventurous friend!

    ReplyDelete