We stopped for a quick walk around Williamson Park. This is a 40 acre lot with walkways and gardens. It will be magnificent in the summer but not so much right now. This gave me the opportunity to stretch my legs before getting on the train to ride up the coastline. The scenery was beautiful until it was all taken away by the night sky.
We are just beginning to get the storm from Canada. We are experiencing strong winds and lots of rain. I'm sorry for all my friends and family who are struggling with the ice storm, wish I could be there for you if only to stay inside and bake Christmas cookies and decorate gingerbread houses.
Lord Ashton's monument to his late wife. This is at the front of Williamson's Park. There is also a butterfly conservatory behind this structure.
A beautiful stone courtyard in back of the monument.
I am in Egremont now, enjoying some quiet time with family. I hope you all have a great Christmas.


wow! your gingerbread house is better than the one i thought i'd make! glad the ice storm skipped your side of the pond.i don't have skype yet but i'm working on it for a holiday face-to-face. wishing you a merry, merry christmas!
ReplyDeleteWe are in the midst of your storm now, but we are experiencing gale force winds and rain. Merry Christmas to you and the boys, wish I was there. Love Melanie.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you Melanie!
ReplyDeleteGary Bond
P.S. I hope Lord Ashton treated her as well when she lived.
ReplyDeletehope the storm passes you by as you stay warm with family. merry, merry! xoxo
ReplyDelete