Saturday, 7 December 2013

Market

I just had to see the Christmas Market in Lincoln.  It is apparently the largest in the world. (No actual research was done to confirm this, but I do believe it.)  This is the same town with that incredible cathedral I showed you back in October.  Much like the climb to the roof top of the Cathedral, I can say that I've done it and I never have to do it again.  Start humming the 12 days of Christmas right about now.
-Thousands of people shopping
-Hundreds of craft tables selling
-Dozens of food vendors cooking
-Steep hills to climb
-Ideas for next year
-Swans a swimming
-Stores to explore
-MUSICAL BANDS
-Smells beyond yummy
-Rides to watch
-Balloons and Bubbles
-AND ONE CRYING BOY (I saw him at the start crying and hours later still crying).

There were many swans in the river but this one caught my attention.  He seemed to be the leader.

I found the contradiction of having a skating rink next to the river with the swans and boats very funny.  I was all ready to put on some skates but a closer inspection of the "ice" made me change my mind.  It looked as though it had not been flooded all day.

Some kind of snow princess handing out candy, she was scary and if she had offered me one of those bon bons when I was young maybe I would not have the sweet tooth that I do now.

Mistletoe

A beautiful bookstore/cafe.

Inside the Lincoln Castle there were many craft stands, this was one of my favourites.  There were some very large bubbles floating around and these smaller ones had some kind of gas in them that when they popped there was a poof of smoke.



The music was great, there was a fantastic rock and roll band, a great fiddler and his band and this one. I'm not sure what type of music you would call it but I really enjoyed it.

Then It was back to Grimsby, not as Grimm as you might think.  This is Abby Walk, it is a little gem in the heart of the town.

Thanks for all the Christmas cards everyone,  I am so lucky to have you each in my life.



3 comments:

  1. hello you! how lovely to travel through the faire with you and enjoy the music, the bubbles and the carrousel. did i see a wee bit of a ferris wheel? we spoke of your adventures at book club and continue to value your travelogues! glad you are safe and sound...as well as free of crying two year olds! xo m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the music as well and the video and all the brilliant photos. Glad to hear you received my Christmas card. Every photo is so very beautiful. Will you be going to stay with your relatives for the Christmas & New Year holidays? Conestoga Mall is an absolute zoo!! Staying away and only going there early in the morning well before Fridays & weekends if I really have to be there. Looking forward to your next blog entry. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am visiting my family for Christmas and still working out the details for New Years. I am hoping to visit London for a week. Thanks for the card Denney and I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete