Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Day 2 part II, in London

It feels like day 10.  I think I 'm trying to do too much.
I went to the fireworks last night but my inner miserable self hated every minute of it.  I know that if I had not of gone I would regret it the rest of my life.
So here it is in point form:
-the buses stopped short of Trafalgar Square and I had no idea where I was
-I do as I always do in this circumstance - follow the people
-found myself in Covent Garden (it was beautiful)
-walked for miles and miles and miles, with some really stupid people
-found a good place to stand at 11:15pm with a decent view of the Eye
-at precisely 3 seconds before midnight people came from every direction and stood in front of me preventing me from seeing anything
-I left before the end so as to not get stuck near any really stupid people
-walked for miles and miles and miles
-found the underground
-made my way back to Judy and Joel's


Covent Garden


The view just before midnight.

And just after.

My hail Mary shot and off I go trying to find my way out.


 If I ever think of trying this again would one of you please speak up and remind me of this night.





2 comments:

  1. Melanie Karassev1 January 2014 at 11:40

    This post made me laugh out loud. I've never heard you speak so negative before. I'm sure it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it brightened someone's day. Today made up for it and tomorrow I am meeting a friend from Nipissing. Happy New Year Melanie, I hope it's a great one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete