Saturday, 28 September 2013

Beautiful Day

Another beautiful day in Grimsby.  It's abnormally warm and sunny here so I am told.  All day it was around 20 degrees and a bit windy.  It cooled off later but still it was a nice day for September.
I went to the local market and got a new haircut.  Not at the market mind you,  That would give new meaning to turnip head.
Then I enjoyed a nice meal at the beach with Ross.  We had some delicious fish and chips then walked down the beach.  This is like stepping back in time.  The amusement rides are ancient and the street scape is depressing.  I still enjoyed myself.  Then we went back to his place to watch a movie.  I highly recommend  "Fishing on the Yemen".  I had to bring the bus home in the dark, which was fine but the walk from the stop to my home was brisk and somewhat unnerving.  There were only a few people I met along the way but I wasted no time.

New haircut.  I got so tired of wearing a ponytail to keep cool.

A beautiful clock tower that probably goes unnoticed at a local train station.

I think this is finished for the year.

A merry go round, love the taxi.

An enclosed slide

The Ferris wheel, you could not pay me to go on.  It looks as though it could fall apart at any minute.



These curious mounds were all over the beach, I'm not sure what they are.  I think they may be from sand crabs.

5 comments:

  1. I love your new hair cut. You look brilliant! The taxi in the merry go round is cute. It's awfully warm here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious. If you colored your hair you could have been a carrot head. Lovely pictures and great hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those 'curious mounds' look like big heaps of poop... Just sayn. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked Ange she think they might be from worms. The fishermen go hunting for them as bait.

    ReplyDelete