Sunday, 13 April 2014

"Bath Time"

I had a great day yesterday getting to know my cousin Philip, oh yeah, and we did this catch up in Bath.  I have to say that while the town was beautiful and the history was amazing I enjoyed my time with him more.  We walked for hours taking in the sights and sounds.  The Roman baths were like stepping back in time (1900 years).  The water still flows from the spring into the baths, I think it's over 170,000 litres a day and it was the perfect temperature (for me) to bathe in.  I sampled the drinking water but it was also hot and not a flavour anyone would want to bottle.
On Thursday My Uncle took me to Lyme Regis, also know as the Fossil coast due to the large amount of fossils but it is also the home of the Cobb.  The Cobb is a large break wall that you can walk out on which was featured in the movie "The French Lieutenant's Woman" with Meryl Streep.  My cousin and her two children joined us and we had a great visit before they headed home.  I think if I ever moved here the decision of where in England to live would be difficult.  I've seen three different coast lines and while the two most beautiful would be strong favourites, the third actually has employment.  Oh well not a decision I have to worry about.

Dad's brother, my Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary and myself.


The Cobb


Lymeregis coastline on a beautiful April day, the temperature was about 20 this day.
In Bath


No comments:

Post a Comment