Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Scrapbook

So I'm back in Grimsby again.  I'm looking forward to the next week as a friend from high school is visiting and we are going to London for a few days.
Crewkerne was wonderful and relaxing but the family was the best part.  I was shown more of this beautiful country and I am so thankful for every minute I get to spend here.  I realize the gift I've been given.  I would never have been able to do the things I've done as a visitor.
One of the downfalls I experienced was a slow internet.  It is a compromise of living on a gorgeous hillside.
This is just a scrapbook of images I want to share.
First the said "Hillside" called Fosse Way.  I am trying to not show you the same things twice, so forgive me if I do.





looking sown the hill




Then we went to Montecute House


You know me and this is Amanda and Philip.




The strangely sculpted hedges around the garden.


Then we (Amanda, her children and myself) went to Wells
My cousins all attended school here so I was given a very personal tour by Amanda.


Entrance to the west lawn of the Wells Cathedral




I showed you the whole car earlier

A genuine mote around the Bishop's Palace.

I want a scooter like this but pink.



West side of the cathedral.


Clock inside the cathedral


Then it was on to Lyme Regis but I've shown you most of the beauty already.  So on to Bath.

In my mind this was much more ornate.


Front of the Abby

a lighting fixture inside

The water which is still from the well.

An actress, with a "do" from the times.

The Romans had heated flooring. the well water was flowing under the floor which rested on these pillars.


An artist's work.  The boar had something to do with the Romans.

Victoria Park, taken primarily for my Canadian friends.



1 comment: