We then made our way to London. We stayed in Notting Hill which was beautiful and no I did not see Hugh Grant. I was looking though. Our first day there we went to the Portebello Market. I thought the Camdon market was big but this one made it look like a country fair. There had to be people in the tens of thousands and vendors every where you looked. The following day we went to a couple small galleries and the Tate Modern. What a day, I think we figured we were walking for about ten hours. The icing on the cake was the next day. We went to Harrod's. I never imagined to enjoy myself as much as I did. The architecture, the history, the window designs, the displays, the expensive one of a kind items, the food area, the escalators and elevators. It was an experience anyone would enjoy. I was sad to say goodbye to Sangita, we had only a few days to catch up on many years but I cant wait to visit her at her home in Rome come October.
I think my next miniature will be a candy shop, so this is research.
Sangita and I at Lincoln.
The Cathedral from a different view point.
Then on to London
Our hotel is the one on the left with the Pot Pourri's.
Tulip at Embankment and Victoria Garden.
Harrod's
Window Display, a woman's dressing table with reflection of the street.
Paper sculpture
Humpty Dumpty sat on a Fabrege sign having a cup of tea.
Figs anyone?
The Egyptian Escalator
Ice Cream bar
A Children's riding car, only 34,000 pounds.
Dress/costume shop, on average the outfits were around 350 pounds.
Beautiful Glassware
Glass Sculpture/Cosmetics
This creation was a glass commisioned piece bought by Harrod's and recently installed in their newly refurbished Grand Hall. Ironically enough the staff had no idea where to find it. Lucky for me Sangita was determined to find it or I would have just given up and not been witness to it's amazing glory.
We stopped for lunch in this quaint restaurant before heading over to the Victoria and Albert Gallery.
Court yard inside the Victoria and Albert.
I am so glad to have more than just a holiday here. I could never get to see all this in just a couple weeks. I know that I'll be back again and I will subject you to more images than you can ever imagine.
































Brilliant photos - tis the only way I will ever see those places will be through your eyes. I am enjoying your photos and blog very much. I heard that Galen Weston of T.O. purchased the department store called Selfridges. Have you had an opportunity to compare Selfridges and Harrods as yet? That's wonderful that you had a brilliant two-week holiday and was able to visit with family and your high school mate. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI went to Selfridges on my last trip to London. I walked in then quickly walked out when I realized it was over my budget. I have since watched the TV series called "Mr Selfridge" and I am now inspired to visit it again and take in the history. Even more so with Galen Weston owning it. I see that spring is on your horizon, enjoy and take care.
ReplyDelete