Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Windwhistle Hill

I arrived yesterday in Crewkerne to visit my Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary.  The train ride was just under 7 hours which seems extreme when the drive would have been considerably less, but I do not feel confident enough to drive by myself for that length of time in a place I am not familiar with.  Plus, the train fair was about a quarter of the cost.
Crewkerne is in the south west corner of England.  The landscape is similar to the lake district minus the lakes.  My dad visited here in the late 80's.  I remember vividly how he lit up when describing the area specifically the narrow roads and Joe's garden and I can totally relate.  He said "you could reach your arms out to the side and touch the hedges on both sides" I think he was embellishing the truth.  You would need to have extremely long arms.

While it looks like an autumn picture it is not.  It is actually a sunset picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment